Friday, July 18, 2008

We have a winner!


First of all, I wanted to say that in just one week of doing this I have had so much fun. I love reading your comments and checking out all these blogs. You all are so creative! From the wonderful ladies that entered, a winner was chosen at random.


You can see monkey no.4 (in a much better frame of mind than yesterday's post-and older) showing our winner.
Back to the business at hand....Congratulations Kimberly!! You are the proud owner of my leftover batiks. (Kimberly is moving overseas - and hording fabric to take with her.) I'm glad I can add to your collection. Make sure you send me your mailing address so I can get your stuff sent to you.

BUT WE'RE NOT DONE YET!!!

Since the tagline of this blog is "I'm cleaning out my stash and you win!", for this first giveaway everyone that participated can be a winner!

TELL THEM WHAT THEY'VE WON BOB!

So many of you commented that you had seen folded flowers and were eager to try it, or were worried that it was too hard, or had been inspired by the batiks, which you usually don't use. So, as I'm digging through my stash for fabric for my next project, I came across SOME MORE BATIKS! I lovingly cut out more squares. If you would like a square, email me (craftygiveaways AT gmail DOT com) with the name from your comment and your address. I'll send you a square in the mail.

THAT'S NOT ALL FOLKS!!!

What are you going to do with your 6" square? Make a folded flower of course! And how are you going to do it? In the next few days I will post step by step directions with lots of pictures to show you just how easy it is. You'll be all set to start folding flowers when your batik square comes. And if you didn't enter this giveaway, I'm sure you have 6" of fabric laying around. ;-) You can fold right along with the rest of us. I'm doing this in the spirit of the "Teach a man to fish and he can feed himself" saying. I want you all to be able to make fabulous flowers and post them on our new
flickr group so we can all see what you've done. YEAH!!!!!

5 comments:

TLC said...

You rock, Jen!

Kimberly said...

Woohoo! I'm so excited about winning! I sent you an e-mail, Jen, with my mailing address.
I'm doing a little happy dance here :-)

chook said...

congrats Kimberly
and wow Jen I am going to send you an email
hugs Beth

Sue Cahill said...

Congrats to Kimberly! I can't wait to try this technique.

Tine said...

Congratulations Kimberly!!
And I'm looking forward to the tutorial :-)
I'll be sending you an email with my address....but I'm in Denmark!